Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shortbread Cookies

Another cookie experiment. I am always trying to perfect my cookies. This is the second time I made these shortbread cookies from Bake Fresh. I didn't decorate my cookies, because I used a cookie maker to pipe out the cookies.

The cookies turned out really good, melting in the mouth kind. These cookies can be textured to your taste; you can add cardamom, cinnamon, chocolate chips, coffee etc to cater to your taste. You can also decorate them with royal icing.


Recipe:

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Cream butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add sifted flour and mix until combined. Don't knead. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.

Roll out dough in 1/4 inch thick disc. cut cookies. Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 15 mins. This helps maintain the shape of the cookie. Bake at 375 F /190 C for 10 mins. Store in an airtight container to preserve freshness.

Happy baking!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey, nice to see a pakistani fellow, nice recipes b good pics

    ReplyDelete

Leave a reply. Criticism accepted if given for betterment...