Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Aah, finally I gathered the courage to try my favorite cookies, the chocolate chip one. If you remember from a few posts back, my cookies did not turn as good as I wanted them to. Sometimes they were crumbly and sometimes they were too soft. And a couple of times they got too brown, which left me devastated (ok, that's strong, I was just a bit sad). Then I took up on perfecting cookies and in  my last post here I made more than hundred as a gift for others.


This endeavour gave me the courage to try the chocolate chip cookies. You may wonder, why so late? Well... if they didn't turn out good, won't it be criminal to waste that much chocolate :O, shhh.

This recipe has been adapted from the Tollhouse cookies recipe, which I have found on a number of websites, so I am not able to refer to a single resource. I used milk chocolate because that kind was readily available. I also chopped up chocolate bars to get small sized chocolate chunks. You can use your favorite chocolate or chocolate chips.


Recipe:

Ingredients:


2 7/8 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips

Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and put aside. Melt butter. In a bowl, beat butter and sugars together until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs. Now add the flour and stir with a spatula until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

At this stage the dough would be sticky, and it might seem that there are too many chocolate chips, but don't worry, you will be thankful after the cookies are baked.

Drop cookies on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper, with a tablespoon. Leave distance between cookis to allow them to expand while baking.

Bake for 9-10 minutes at 190 C/375 F.

Happy Baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a reply. Criticism accepted if given for betterment...