Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fried Chicken

Hello everyone after a looooong time. My blogs have been neglected for quite some time now. With business school, job and freelancing, most of my time was spent juggling between my role as a teacher and that as a student. During some days of stress, I woke up to realize, I don't remember what day of the week it is and where exactly do I have to go today. So now that I have a one month break from job (not from business school), I am back to continuing my journey in the kitchen and blogging about it.

This post also is different as after a long time I took the picture with my cell and not my proper camera, so please don't mind if it lacks on quality. I went through a bad system crash and lost most of my software when I did a factory reset (woes of technology :( )

Today I made some fried chicken. I found this recipe on a facebook page I follow. This recipe is very basic and easy, all ingredients can be readily found in every functional kitchen (mostly). Majority of the time is spent in marinating the chicken. Add the spices, put the chicken to rest and go clean your home, watch your favorite TV program or maybe just waste your time doing nothing. Salt and red chilli cab be adjusted to your taste in this recipe.



Recipe

Ingredients

Marinade
1/2 kg chicken
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp red chilli
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp vinegar

Coating
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cornflour
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
pinch white pepper
1 egg

Dip
Mayonnaise, as required
Ketchup, as required

Mix all ingredients of the marinade except chicken. Prick chicken all over with a fork. Apply the marinade to chicken and leave to marinate for 4-5 hours.

Heat oil for deep frying. Mix dry ingredients of coating together and put them in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg with 1 tbsp water or milk.

Dip chicken pieces one by one in egg. Then coat well with flour mixture. Tap chicken piece to remove excess and put into hot oil. Reduce heat and let the chicken cook. After 10 minutes, turn chicken over with the help of serving tongs. Chicken will be cooked through in 15 - 20 minutes (almost 10 minutes on each side). Remove and place on paper towel to absorb oil.

Make dip by mixing any ratio of mayonnaise and ketchup. I prefer more ketchup than mayonnaise.

Serve fried chicken warm with french fries and the dip. Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a reply. Criticism accepted if given for betterment...