Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies

The other day I was going through my recipe collection, and I noticed I mostly note down cakes and the likes. I have so few savory dishes written down, that if I had the responsibility to feed my family on a daily basis, all they would eat would be cakes, brownies and cookies with an occasional rice or chicken dish. This is an indicator that I should diversify my interests. Did I just say diversify? That's my two years of business school talking ;)

With all good intentions to broaden my baking and cooking horizon, I have peanut butter cookies on the cards today. Who says no to warm cookies with a cup of coffee or tea? Even  more better are peanut butter cookies, with the nuttiness of peanut butter, crunchiness of the sugar and chewiness of the cookie. There is just something so homely about baking cookies. The aroma that fills the home, the cookies that look so inviting, everything is so comforting.

To make these cookies more interesting, I would love to make Nutella sandwiches with these cookies as chocolate and peanut butter compliment each other well.

The recipe I tried is adapted from Betty Crocker, one of the most influential fictional characters.


Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Method

Mix sugars, peanut butter, butter, and egg in a bowl. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix in the peanut butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 180C/ 375F. Make cookies and place on a baking sheet. Make a criss cross pattern with a fork dipped into icing sugar.

Bake for 9 - 10 minutes or until underside is golden. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Place the cookies on wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a reply. Criticism accepted if given for betterment...