Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Rolled French Toast

First of all, I have made slight changes to how I edit my pictures. I have started adding the name and I kind of like the professional feel it adds to the image. I hope readers like it too.

French toasts have been an integral part of my life. Mom used to make these for us on Sunday mornings as a weekend treat. I remember a fun incident from my childhood. Mom was ill with high fever and could not go in the kitchen to make some snacks for me and my brother. Baba, my dad, offered to make us French toast. He painstakingly made these delights after confirming each step with mom, but he missed a patch on the toast uncooked. I feel sorry for him now when I remember that both me and my brother rewarded him with a "ammi ziada acha banati hain" (mom makes it better) sentiment.

Anyways, I was surfing Pinterest , and found a pin showing many rolled French toast ideas. One f them involved fruit and Nutella. Since, it is hard to go wrong with chocolate, I decided to give it a try. I did not have Nutella, but some other chocolate hazelnut spread. These rolled delights have banana rolled in them.



Recipe

Ingredients

5 - 6 slices white bread
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
4 tbsp sugar
Nutella (or any other chocolate hazelnut spread)
1 banana, sliced
Butter or ghee for frying

Method

Dissolve sugar in milk. Beat the egg and beat in the milk. Set aside

Take bread slices and thin them using a rolling pin. 

Spread 1 tbsp of Nutella on the thinned slices. Place slices of banana along the edge nearest to you. You will need 4 - 5 banana slices.

Start rolling the bread slice from the end where bananas where bananas are places. Roll and set aside. 

Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a frying pan. Dip the rolled bread slices in the egg mixture and place in the frying pan. Allow the toast to cook and brown on one side on medium high heat. Turn over and cook. Cook similarly on all sides. Remove from the frying pan and serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a reply. Criticism accepted if given for betterment...