Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Watermelon Juice

Ramadan is pretty hot this year. And it has me dreaming about juices. One of the juices I read about is Watermelon juice on another Pakistani food blog, Tickle those Taste Buds. They also have an album dedicated to Ramadan recipes on their facebook page.

I am not too fond of watermelon. When my dad does bring watermelon, I usually eat one or two small pieces. Watermelon juice seemed like a better option to consume this gift of nature.

This juice was received by my dad, who is not a big fan of juices. He asked me to make it again and enjoyed it at iftar time. The recipe called for fresh mint leaves which I didn't have , so didn't include.


Recipe 

Ingredients

2 cups of watermelon, with seeds removed
1 cup water
1/2 tsp ginger paste
Juice of 1 - 2 lemons
Sugar, to taste
8 - 10 ice cubes

Method

Blend all the ingredients together. Pour into a glass. Add ice cubes if desired. Make the juice when required and watermelon goes bad pretty quickly.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious and amazing photography. Thanks for trying it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a reply. Criticism accepted if given for betterment...